Wednesday 4 February 2009

2. Platform Flashbacks


Trains intact rush by me
I wonder to myself
Yesterdays news, still bothering me
No sleep last night
No sleep the next night

Like a hold-up
a knife against the throat of life
Making this everyday grey concrete platform
rumble
Every strangers morning face
bares a trace of this what you would call my
situation

"A situation of shit"
is the line I'd tell you
Behind the walls of my skull though
small creatures jump around
laughing in shadows that came from nowhere

I hold a paper cup against my lips
a winter's chill across my face
a taste of coffee a taste of nothing but hot
while I mumble fuck it, for it is all I have to say

One touch, one word
anything from anyone
and I'll explode right here and now

Nothing happens though
it's all very quiet
Clouds across a blue sky
Crows hopping on crunching concrete
Men and women in coats
Children talking
A buzz from the city afar
I take a
breath

Somewhere
there is a knife by the throat of life
will the Situation Man slice the flesh
and kill me off
or will he simply not

My train arrives
these were the things in my mind
this morning,
deceptively casual

No comments:

Post a Comment