Wednesday 4 February 2009

7. Shattered Reflections

As a child
I often thought
any life worth living is a dream
within this world of mine

Fantasy, thy Kingdom in Bloom
along the Gloom of Reality
along came the wind of seldom felt serenity
washed away any last traces of who I'd want to be
left the lonliness of a century
now, is this all I will ever be?

Love, a terminator,
a wrath of a God reigning inside of me
Upon the crack where dreams hit truth dead-eye
flipping the mirror
showing me stripped of any lie

Fuck you I love you!
You are my reason in life
You are my saviour from death
You are my freedom
I long for your chains
I love you, I want to die for you!
I hate you, I want to die
because of you.....

and please, my captain,
I am clearly developing
unapropriate signs of seasickness

This whirlpool
and endlessly circulating sphere
Is this all I will ever be?
Is it but all
it's over!
and over and over and over and over again

I'm mirrored in a love of glass
and upon every fixed piece the reflection
is less accurate
You saved my life
though I am barely alive

Man overboard
I think I'm going down in this
sea of tears, filled up when
the storm raged
upon the sun gone black
and me
disappearing from your heart
as if you clicked a lightswitch

Use your love and
lie to me tonight
Build me a cyborg in your flesh
send her here
designed to protect me

These waters carry animals
once you were diving with me
with the dolphins and the jealous mermaids

But if you cannot save me now
you will have to see me die
and face their wrath

So down we go
over and over and over and over

and as a child
I used to sail
across love's waters in wonderous ocean storms
Waterwounds
leak from my soul
And the face in the mirror is
not quite me
or is this all I will ever be?


No comments:

Post a Comment