Wednesday 4 February 2009

5. Like Yesterday
















Do you ever think of the guy
that broke your heart?
He was all blonde and fancy
drove a big sports car

And did you ever really feel me
When I held you close, just to
feel free

Look how time it flies
clouds across the skies
who knows where the truth lies

You were happy to be my
closer friend
And I thought I'd love you
until life's end

Last night I saw you in a magazine
you spoke of people you still
carry within

You didn't mention me
But I suppose I shouldn't be
feeling misery
I read your diary
Back when you were all for free
Handed on to me
By yourself and every single need
in everything you see

We came to an end
My dearest schoolyard friend

And now you don't remember me
Your flower and my bee
No, not a single line
And now I don't remember you
It seems all I can see
is when you tried to look cool
just as cool as you could be
with your eyes deep into mine

And when I think of
how your hair fell in the way
it still feels like yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment